Non-CHiBi/MSL members, please contact UBC IT at www.it.ubc.ca
Faculty, Staff, and Grad-Students
UBC offers a free FASMail (Faculty & Staff Email System) Email account to all UBC faculty and staff. This account provides you an 1GB Inbox, calendar, and tasks. It is accessable via Windows, Mac, Linux, tablet or smart phone device. MSL IT will assist you with the setup once you receive your UBC Employee ID and Campus Wide Login (CWL). Please contact MSL HR if you do not know your UBC Employee ID.
FASMail Webmail: https://www.mail.ubc.ca/
FASMail FAQ: https://it.ubc.ca/projects/strategicprojects/ubc-email/ubc-email-faq.html
FASMail Desktop & Portable Device Setup: https://it.ubc.ca/projects/strategicprojects/ubc-email/setupdocs.html
- 1GB mailbox and calendar
- Safe and secure mail storage using the UBC Storage Grid
- E-mail addresses and calendars of all departmental contacts using the service in one address book
- Ability to schedule meetings and accept meeting requests
- Options to delegate mailbox and calendar access to different users
- Virus protection and spam prevention using Sophos PureMessage
- Outlook Web Access provides an Outlook-like experience using a wide variety of web browsers
- Email Branding with an @msl.ubc.ca
Undergrad Students and Alumni
UBC students and alumni are eligible for a combination of email aliasing, forwarding, and UBC hosted mailbox. Users of this service can obtain a UBC email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, which can be forwarded to either an external or UBC hosted mailbox. If you are interested in this service MSL IT can help you set it up. For complete information please visit https://it.ubc.ca/service_catalogue/student-amp-alumni-email-service.
For members within the High-Throughput Biology (CHiBi) labs who are intested in a CHiBi email account, please contact your group's Systems Manager.