MSL DEPARTMENT MEMBERS ONLY.
OTHERS PLEASE CONTACT UBC IT at WWW.IT.UBC.CA.
- Use Cortana (windows search) icon or search field and type "printers" in the search box.
- Choose "Printers and Scanners".
- Select "Add a printer or scanner".
- Wait for a list of printers to show up and below it will be the text "The printer that I want isn't listed". Click on that text.
- Select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" , then select "Next".
- Select "TCP/IP Device" in the "Device type" list.
- Type the IP address of the printer. Select "Next".
- Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the "Device Type" drop-down list. You can also click "Custom" to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select "Next". If you are having trouble finding a driver try installing the Universal HP Printer Driver first.
- Windows will now walk you through installing the drivers for the printer. After that is complete, you should be able to print to the printer via direct IP address.