ChemDraw is the world’s leading scientific drawing program. Hundreds of thousands of users benefit from its ease of use, high quality output, robust chemical intelligence, rich set of biological tools and integration in the ChemOffice Professional suite and with many third party products.
ChemDraw is available for all MSL and Chemistry personnel.
ChemDraw Professional 16.0
Following are the system requirements for the latest version of ChemDraw
- Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate (32 bit)
- Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate (64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32 bit)
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.x (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.x (32 and 64 bit)
- Firefox 27 or higher
- NOTE: Google Chrome 42.x or later does not support plug-ins on Windows
Due to changes in the Google Chrome environment and their deprecated support for global NPAPI’s, we can no longer offer CDAX on the Google Chrome browser after version 45. We are currently addressing the need in the market for support of the latest version of Chrome and we will update our customer base when that support becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes to our current customer base.
- 32 bit OS: 1 GB
- 64 bit OS: 2 GB
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2013 (including Office 365 support)
- Microsoft Office 2016 (including Office 365 support)
Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
minimum 300 MB - 1 GB, recommended 10 GB This is for installation only and does not include any creation/expansion of any databases
.Net Framework 4.x
ChemDraw Installation - UBC Owned Device
For UBC owned devices MSL IT will assist your lab with ChemDraw installations. Simply indicate which machines need ChemDraw installed when contacting us.
ChemDraw Installation - Personally owned Device
Installation on a personally owned device requires an @msl.ubc.ca or @chem.ubc.ca email account to self-register.
- Visit: http://sitelicense.cambridgesoft.com/sitelicense.cfm?sid=1635
- Account Verification. Enter your @msl.ubc.ca OR @chem.ubc.ca email address.
- Account Verification. Click "Continue" on account verification screen.
- PerkinElmer Informatics User Account. Sign up for a new PerkinElmer Informatics User Account or login to an existing account. Email confirmations will be sent to your @msl.ubc.ca OR @chem.ubc.ca email. If you have an existing account and forgot your password, click on the forgot password link, to retrieve you password. Account registration is required to access online databases.
- Email David Wu at email@example.com if you have not received your license codes.
- Download Software. Download the software and manual after registration is complete. Access to included databases is automatic after registration is complete. To manage database subscriptions, login to your CS User Account and click "Manage Database Subscriptions"
- Activate your software. When you start installing your CambridgeSoft software, you will be asked to Activate. Make sure you are connected on the internet when you click Activate over the Internet.
- PerkinElmer Informatics User Account. Users can manage their CambridgeSoft User Account by logging in from http://www.cambridgesoft.com/login. All account related issues can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Product Phone/Email Support. For technical questions and support visit: http://www.cambridgesoft.com/contact/support/.