Due to the unique interdisciplinary nature of the Michael Smith Laboratories (MSL), students working with MSL faculty members are registered for studies in one of the faculty members’ cross-appointed academic departments (ten academic departments across five faculties).
Students interested in an M.Sc., M.A.Sc. or Ph.D. degree with a MSL faculty member should first contact the faculty member with whom they wish to work. Once a potential supervisor has been identified, students should apply through the appropriate department:
- Department of Botany
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Forest Sciences
- Department of Medical Genetics
- Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Faculty of Land & Food Systems
- Division of Neurological Sciences
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Zoology
A complete list of MSL faculty members and their academic departments can be found in the PDF document linked below.